Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Remember the past, but look to the future.

This is my first blog post ever, so forgive me if I start rambling. I will be leaving for Mississippi College in 10 days and I wanted to take a minute and tell my friends how much I love them. 

My core group has been a huge refuge of love, friendship, and accountability. Sarah, Meagan, Valerie, Taylor, and Amy...Thank you for being there for me the happy times and the tough times. You have always been ready with a shoulder to cry on, a smile to cheer me up, and a plenty of laughs. I will never forget the first core group we had with Amy. For those of you who don't know, Amy is very very smart. She even gets to wear a white lab coat at her job. How cool is that?! We were studying The NIV Application Commentary on Philippians. She started teaching and said the words exegesis(study of original text) and hermeneutics(how to apply it). We didn't know what in the world she was talking about!! Thanks Amy for extending our vocabulary. One of my favorite things we got to do as a core group was Tea Time with Amy!! We would walk in from New Wind and on the floor would be a colorful picnic blanket with fruit(our favorite was clementines) and all sorts of "tea condiments" like milk and sugar.  So much fun. :) Valerie, I wish you all the best at Troy. I pray that you will be a bright light for Jesus on the Trojan campus. Taylor, you are one of my best friends and I am going to miss you much. I can't wait to see you on the Auburn football field on Saturday afternoons! I love you and will be praying for you. Meagan, we are going to college together! I can't wait to see how God uses you to further His kingdom in the coming years. You are such a strong person and thanks for always being a wonderful friend. Sarah, I hope that you have a wonderful senior year. You only get to be a senior in high school once, so I challenge you to make the most of every opportunity the God puts in your path! Have a great year and I love you! Amy, thank you for giving up your time every Sunday and coming and spending time with us in the Word. You will never know how much we all love and appreciate you. Think about me every time you put on your white lab coat. :)

To all my Senior girls!! I know we all haven't all been best friends, but I have loved getting to grow up with each and every one of you. Thank you for all of the GA camps, Upward basketball, elementary choirs, mission trips, First Love/New Wind memories, Christmas by Candlelight, Grilled Cheese and especially my Jam team, summer camps, core groups, and for just being great friends. I pray that Auburn, Alabama, Troy, Mississippi College, Africa, UAB, UNA, and Union will be changed because of how bright you all will shine at these campuses! I can't wait to see the amazing work that God does in your lives over these next few years. Congrats on winning skit night! I was so happy and proud of what we accomplished. We did a fantastic job...AND WE WON!! I am going to miss everyone very much. I love ya'll and may God bless you with His Extravagant love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment